If you come to Germany in July/August and want to combine your vacation with learning German, having fun and making new friends, then book our “Summer Intensive Course 25 or 30“. With this cool German language trip you will learn German intensively (5 x 45 mins.) – if you want – even more in the conversation course (= “Summer Intensive Course 30”). In addition, you can immediately use your German in our daily leisure program. In addition, Dresden is one of the most beautiful cities in Germany, unforgettable experiences in nature, exciting culture and participants from all over the world are waiting for you 😉
CORONA: During the pandemic and a possible lockdown/quarantine, you can continue your summer course immediately as a live video course or rebook/cancel it for free. See more below.
Summer Courses 21 as “Hybrid German Courses”:
- What does “Hybrid” mean : you can book your summer course either as a live video course (online only from anywhere in the world) OR as a face-to-face course at our school. (You can find more information here)
- Face-to-face and Corona: due to the pandemic, there are limited places for face-to-face classes. If more than 4 participants book this mode, there will be an alternation between online and analog learning, for example from week to week. Please contact our office staff to find out what that means for your level and your desired course period
- Waiting list: If you cannot get a place in the face2face course, you can always register for the online course (same price) and be put on the waiting list for the face-to-face-course. You will not lose any time.
You can attend our Summer Intensive Courses 25 at all A1 – C1 levels.
If you are looking for the maximum amount of learning in the shortest possible time, you should book our “Summer Intensive Course 30” , because in addition to the “Summer Intensive Course 25”, you will receive another 5 x 45 min. of conversation lessons per week, spread over three afternoons.
You can book the “Summer Intensive Course 30” from level A2.2.
Depending on the available places – “the early bird catches the worm”;) – you can join the summer course 25/30 every Monday.
If you are a beginner with no previous knowledge or if you want to start with a regular module (for example, B1.2) we have fixed start dates.
The Summer Course 25 starts daily at 9:30 and ends at 14:00, and the Summer Course 30 end 16:45 from Tuesday to Thursday.
Here you will learn all skills such as listening and reading comprehension, pronunciation, grammar, writing and basic vocabulary. The emphasis in summer courses is on speaking. Cultural activities round off the “Summer Experience Course”.
Especially in the summer course you will experience unforgettable moments, because we have even more fun and games. In the accompanying leisure and excursion program, you can use your German and get to know Germany and its people first-hand. At our regulars’ table (Stammtisch), BBQs, museum visits, concerts, street parties or on excursions to Berlin Prague or Leipzig, you quickly break down language barriers and get to know the country with its friendly and open people.
You can also combine your Summer Intensive Course 25/30 with a telc exam (B1, B2) or with the TestDaF. This “home game” works to your advantage!
In addition to the German course, we can arrange accommodation for you with a host family, a shared apartment or in a private apartment – your choice of meals, transfer or health insurance.
If you need documents for your visa application or advice on studying and job training, we will help you of course.
- Tests: All participants in our face-to-face courses must present a daily updated Corona test or be tested at Kästner Kolleg in the morning before class.
- In the event of a quarantine/lockdown, visa delay, immigration, etc. issues, you may change your booked summer face-fo-face course to a Hybrid Live Video course at no charge. This also applies to the leisure program and to booked conversation or individual lessons. No lesson will be lost!
- Rebooking/cancellation: You can also rebook or cancel your booked summer course for another date free of charge – at least 1 day before the course starts.
- Accommodation: You can also change or cancel your accommodation free of charge. But: for accommodations where Kästner Kolleg is not the landlord (like hotel, guesthouse, shared flat), we will charge you – depending on the landlord (info at booking) – the costs of the booked accommodation up to 1 week.
- Accommodation extension in case of quarantine: if you have to stay longer in Dresden due to quarantine, we will try to extend the same accommodation for you. Alternatively, we can book you a hostel or hotel. However, you have to bear the costs for this yourself. Maybe your insurance will cover it.
- Course cancellation after course start: If you cancel your course after/on the 1st day of the course, we will only charge you for 2 weeks of the course as compensation for the blocked course place. All other costs/fees will be refunded.
German in German
... because at KK we teach you German in German from the 1st minute: Although it seems impossible at first, you will soon see that it works!